Workers’ Compensation Spine Injury Treatment in Boston
Understanding the potentially devastating effect a work injury can have on one’s professional and personal life, we want to minimize the economic impact, physical suffering and emotional strain of work-related injuries.
We offer timely and comprehensive evaluations, promptly initiate treatment modalities, and utilize surgery when indicated. With an emphasis on accessibility and communication, we work with the injured worker and his/her case manager to form a strong partnership when addressing all the needs of an injured worker. These needs often include a return to work criteria and restrictions, risk assessment, and physical capability evaluations. By tailoring individualized treatment to the needs of the worker, our goal is to relieve discomfort, improve function, and return the injured employee to work as appropriate.
If you have been injured at work and wish to schedule an appointment, contact our office at 617.227.9300. When scheduling your appointment please have the following information available for our staff:
- Your employer’s name and address
- Workers’ compensation claim number
- Insurance carriers name and address
- Insurance adjusters name, phone and fax numbers
- Date of work-related injury
Please bring the following information, when possible, to your appointment:
- All radiology studies pertaining to your current injury, including MRI, CT scans, and plain X-rays.
- All medical records involving your injury, including initial and recent evaluations by other physicians, consultations, operative reports of previous surgery, EMG and nerve conductions study reports.
- All other information as requested under “Scheduling an Appointment“.
At BSS, we value our relationship with Case Managers and Insurance Adjusters and understand your desire to obtain prompt and thorough medical care for the injured worker. There are a few ways in which an appointment can be scheduled:
Urgent / Emergent Referrals
If you would like to request an urgent evaluation, call (617) 277-9300 and ask to speak to Dr. Pedlow or the Nurse Practitioner.
Elective Non-Urgent Referrals
To refer a patient for an elective office consultation, you may contact us at the number listed above. The appointment can be scheduled with the assistance of one of the members of our office staff, or you may request to speak with the Nurse Practitioner if further discussion is desired.